Fancy Pad

This is an upgraded note pad which started out as Dollar Tree cheapie.  Well it's still a cheapie, but it's gotten a small face-lift.  I wanted to see how it would look with a better cover, so I used one of the photos I created a while back using pattern samples.  While I think it looks pretty good, I didn't make a second to match.  The black of the spiral and elastic band don't jibe with the look I was going for.

Here is a sample of the photo.  I made the entire sheet by creating a collage for smaller pattern samples from a designer's web page.  In this case, it's a couple of Lilly Pulitzer patterns.  I love Lilly and the colorful shapes and designs of their fabrics.  This isn't something I'd sell as that might be considered an infringement of the company's intellectual property -- but I have no qualms about employing it for personal and crafting use.

I would have made more little notebooks up if the binding/spiral and band was white rather than black.  While I normally like pink and black together, when it comes to Lilly Pulitzer prints, I think white, pastel, and muted primary colors work best.

This was a little stay-at-home diversionary craft project.  Nothing special but just something to do.  A girl can't just cook, clean, and grocery shop all day!

Comments

  1. I thought the notebook looked very pretty. I love Lilly Pulitzer prints, too. Then, you pointed out the black...lol. Now, I think black would look better. So, how did you stick it to the notebook?. I am glad you had a little creative time. That was nice diversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Aleene's Tacky Glue. I applied it to both the surface of the notebook, and the back of the print. Then Iet them both partially dry. That is the key -- both surfaces need to be practically dry to get a good stick.

      Delete
    2. I meant now I think I would like white better. I HAD Aleene's like so many things I had. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found a fun project to work on! It's a pretty print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to work on more projects like this for sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment