Safe at Home

I think Teddy has the right idea here.  Stay home, behind the fence, and be content to watch the world walk by.  Then again, she does bark at everyone who passes in hopes they will come and visit.  She is not a good social distancer!

At this point, I have resolved that it is useless to go out for anything other than essential groceries.  Today, much time (and the risk of possible exposure) was wasted looking for Lysol spray.  TBG wanted to replenish his work supply and I figured we could always use it here as well. 

Turns out, the three stores I went to had nothing from a disinfecting standpoint. It is likely that I further exposed myself searching every aisle to see if there were other locations, or other products that would be useful.  At this point, I think we are more likely to come in contact with the virus looking for products to protect us from the virus.  It was a big "duh" moment that if I stay at home all of the time (except for dog walks on the river path), I won't need to disinfect anything anyway.

The numbers are scary from every angle -- humanitarian, financially, emotionally, and physically.  My plan, and I really hope I stick to it, is to just stay home and keep myself away from the unknown.  What you don't know is likely scarier than what you do know.  Unless you're a dog, of course.  Then, what you don't know doesn't matter!

Comments

  1. You are right. I now only use lysol wipes for when I have to go out. At home just regular cleaners. To be a dog right now......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Gupta (on CNN) did a piece on how to disinfect your groceries using disinfectant wipes and latex gloves. My question is where do I find those anyway? So today I used my cloths and bleach solution. My neighbor did knock on our door to give us two masks and a small bag of gloves. They are "expired" but what I plan for TBG to use when he does things outside the house. A local distillery is now making hand sanitizer and his company bought something like 50 gallons of it! In lieu of Lysol, I am spraying surfaces with air freshener. I spray it on my jacket when I get home too, and over my re-usable shopping bags when I first get in the house.

      Yeah, isn't it a lot easier to be a dog? She likes that so many more people are walking in our neighborhood too!

      Delete
  2. Being a dog right now would be good in terms of less stress. I only go to grocery store. We stay in the car for getting meds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great that we have drive-through pharmacies now? I think many dogs are happy to have people home all day. I know Teddy certainly likes more daddy-at-home days now. The upside to this is that we don't have a whole lot of time left with her, so he will be able to have more time with her now.

      Delete
  3. I've no idea what Lysol is (I asssume it's some kind of disinfectant) but I agree with your stradegy, if you stay at home you don't need any chemical protection, hence the reason why I'm confused about people's obsession with hunting down hand santiser.
    We wash our hands with soap and water (as we always have done) and anything that comes into the house - postal deliveries or food we've bought gets handled with gloves. Unwrapped fruit and veg gets washed and packaging wiped with a cloth daubed in bleach and all cardboard or paper gets put straight in the recycling bin outside.
    Lovely photo of Teddy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy loves the praise! I am pretty much doing the same thing you are. Lysol is a spray disinfectant that Americans directly associate with germ killing. I think it's our psychology and conditioning driving the mania around it. We are doing a whole lot moisturizing. All this bleach, soap, etc. sure dries out your skin.

      Delete

Post a Comment