Vices in the Time of Pandemic

I've branched out from wine drinking these days.  The goal is to reserve my wine for consumption with meals.  Instead, I am drinking my own modified version of a gin and tonic.  This is gin, tonic, and a splash of creme de cassis, fresh squeezed lime -- with a wedge on the side.  It's sorta like a French Gin and Tonic.  Look closely enough in the background, and you'll notice a blurred TBG waiting for me to join him in the back yard!

I sure do miss thrifting and garage sales.  Well garage sales are sparse in the winter months, although sometimes an estate sale can be found.

This cabinet was a curb-side haul.  It is now being pressed into use down in our basement.  It's not artfully centered on the wall outside of the loo because the necessary stud was not set in the center either.  It's now filled with our quarantine supplies.

This was probably discarded after a bathroom renovation in my area.  I cruise around sometimes on trash night in other neighborhoods just to see if there is anything interesting to be had.  It's sad, but when a girl's gotta hunt, she has to go where there's a chance to bag something good.

After all, a habit is a habit!

Comments

  1. I so miss thrifting too! Oh well, that will come back eventually. Good reuse of the cabinet. I am now looking for free piles when I am out as well. I have a case and a half of wine to use up - very well stocked on that plus half a case of red that is hubby's since I can't drink that. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink Pinot Grigio, and am doing fine with Naked Grape in the box! It's a good thing I'm not a connoisseur!

      Delete
  2. I was looking forward to yard sales this spring. I did get things from that one trash pile, but have not seen another. I think tomorrow we will look some more. I like free stuff from the side of the road. That is a nice find you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if I hit up the "better" neighborhoods, I'll do OK since people are home and possibly doing quarantine cleaning. It's hard to find a published collection schedule for our city, so it's a bit trial and error. Oh well!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am guessing there will be a lot of marked down merchandise to make up for lost time once we get back to it. Well, I hope!

      Delete
  4. I called the sanitation department and asked them what days were trash pickup days. Then, all I had to do was show up in those sections ahead of time, usually the late afternoon before morning pickup. plus, it on their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our city, there is nothing published that is at all easy to find and no one at City Hall in the Streets and Sanitation department answers the phone!

      Delete
  5. I thought I'd miss charity shopping a lot more. I'm enjoying what I've already got and so happy that Jon keeps everything, we hardly want for anything bar food and booze! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now culling my closet and making fabric scraps from items that don't fit right. So that is a big help. It would help if I stayed the same size :-(

      Delete

Post a Comment