Where Will You Walk Today?

I've seen more people out walking in groups than ever before.  This is of course due to entire families being kept at home.  To be fair, the foot traffic on our block increases in warm weather since there is an ice cream/hot dog shop at the end of our street.

This isn't a picture of my block (I took it last year on the city's Garden Walk).   However, it's in a neighborhood worth walking through.  When I see hordes of people walking in the park, I wonder why they are there.  With so many folks out, I think it's too easy to pass through particulates hanging in the air or blowing in the wind.

Methinks it would make more sense, if you're getting in your car to drive in order to take a walk, that you drive to a neighborhood you don't normally pass through, and enjoy a walk there.   If it is a quiet street and you are not socializing, keeping a distance is entirely possible.  Plus, I think it's a better way to break up the monotony of confinement than to walk in a familiar public space.

Again, I don't go out to be seen, I go out to see.  Maybe it makes sense to search out things you don't normally see -- so long as you can socially separate yourself while you do so.

Comments

  1. I love the architecture and especially love the curtains on the porch. That looks like an interesting neighborhood in which to walk. Walking is not on my list of things I can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you'd be interested in a virtual tour of my city: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBsi5FGbY2Y it shows some of the neighborhoods and gives an idea of how many places there are to walk.

      Delete
    2. I've just watched the video - what a beautiful city you live in!

      Delete
    3. Well thank you so much! Our city is much maligned across America and is the butt of many jokes.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful neighbourhood! As a self-confessed townie I'd much rather walk around our local streets which full of interesting architecture (and promising skips) than drive to the countryside! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love architecture -- both public and domestic, there is so much to see. I did pick up a cabinet from someone's trash this past week and plan to do some funky painting on it!

      Delete

Post a Comment