Backsplash Update

Friday was a gloomy snowy day.  I decided to pass the time by updating the kitchen backsplash.  This is an area that I had updated not too long ago by applying Contac paper.  It looked fine, but not great.  It was also a less than permanent solution.

A few months back, the Micheals in our area relocated. Prior to closing I picked up a stencil set and some gray indoor outdoor paint, taking advantage of a 90% mark down.  I knew I would use the paint and stencils here.

My results were less than perfect, but since the area is mostly obscured by the items on the counter, it doesn't stand out too badly.  The stencil I used had the four block patterns and I used it in its entirety -- which is where I ran into challenges on either end.  The base paint is Behr from Home Depot.  It is an eggshell paint and primer in one.  All I needed for this project was a quart and I picked a basic white color (in fact, I think that is the name).  It was about $14 for the can.

Once I was done stenciling, I went over with a small paint brush to neaten things up. I did use a regular sized stenciling brush to do this, which was cumbersome in this tight spot.

The next step is to paint the upper cabinets.  That will be a weekend project.  Stay tuned...

Comments

  1. I love that pattern! I am sure you are the only person who sees anything but perfection. I cannot wait to see the rest of your weekend's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have more to show over the next few days. I did the uppers on the right this afternoon. Thanks for the encouragement. Your comments always mean a lot to me once I get started on bits and pieces of a bigger effort like this.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a little less impressive up close, but I'll take it!

      Delete

Post a Comment