Finally a Warm Sunny Day!

There was a lot to get done today, but the blue skies, sunshine and warm weather was too much to resist.  I took Teddy for a romp in the big field by the river.  Luckily for her, my sister stopped by later in the day to take her out as well.  So she got out twice!  Unfortunately, she also picked up a tick -- probably here in the field.  I noticed it before it had a chance to attach.  While she was unfortunately slated to get a bath today, it worked out great because I was able to avert that disaster.   We have a call into the vet to get flea and tick preventive.  It's about time for her to start that anyway.
My girl is an old lady and just doesn't want to put forth any extra effort, like getting off the bed, or jumping off the couch, unless she is certain there is something in it for her.  I guess I can make an allowance for her age and because (I am sure she'd remind us if she cared) she's dying.  However, I was in the kitchen this morning grousing over that fact and just called up to her to say "It's mommy puppy time, does my girlie want to go for a walk?"  That was followed by an almost instantaneous thump and four paws paddling down the stairs.  I do know that two walks, plus a bath and blow out, makes for a sleepy dog, who will probably snore the night away.
TBG is thrilled his tulips survived the rain, wind and frost from the weekend.  We've put a minimum of effort into the garden so far, but I think he'll be working out there a lot this weekend.  We're not going to camp because the replacement tub for our trailer bathroom is not in yet.

I think the house is actually looking pretty good.  One thing I want, is a flag for our front porch.  Not being able to shop or find one I like on-line, my temporary solution is to hang cheap flags from Dollar Tree in the front windows. If you look in the lower half of each window, you might notice them.  You can actually see them from the street.

The kitchen cabinets are done, but the picture I took after they were put back together was quite dark because it was after dinner.  I'll show those tomorrow.

It was just so awesome to finally have a warm sunny day.  And it looks like there's another to follow. Woo Hoo!

Comments

  1. When the picture is embiggened, the flags are visible. Our days are at 90 F or just below. The tulips are pretty. I love tulips. I planted Purple Prince tulips along with bright yellow daffodils (not the pale or white ones) and they were stupendous all mixed in the same bed. Yours look great. So springy. Surprisingly, tulips are quite hardy. Of course, toward their end, anything can knock them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple and Yellow -- my favorite color combination! We were at 75, maybe above. To me, that is just perfect. Warm but not to hot!

      Delete
  2. Teddy is such a good dog. I just started up Buddy's flea/tick meds (Bravecto) as ticks are common here too. The tulips are beautiful and yes, your house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to know you are using Bravecto, because that is what I want to switch to. From what I read (and plagiarize), it contains fluralaner, a member of the antiparasitic class of isoxazoline-substituted benzamide derivatives. Not only does it kill fleas and ticks, but mites too -- our biggest problem. FYI, I knew that but not the technical details. For the sake of accuracy I had to look it up. I'm not that much of a nerd!

      Delete
  3. The house is lookiung fabulous, as are you and Teddy! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment