Uppers Done!

The upper bank of cabinets on the window side of our kitchen are now done.  I finished the left side on Sunday.  I am very happy with the results.  It's not anything fancy or drastic, but it improves the over all look of this area, I think.

This area is too dark, and the gray doesn't help.  My plan is to see if our contractor can remove the light over the sink and then run wiring through the soffits.  I would like to put lights over each set of cabinets. Of course I would have the light over the sink replaced.  That fixture no longer goes with the room anyway.  My goal is to find something a little more industrial looking.  We'll need a better match for the main light in the room, which we installed last year.

The next job will be to paint the lower cabinets.  My plan is to go black -- to continue the idea from the island.  I'll still leave the burnt sienna on the trim because it ties in with the wall color. I don't plan to repaint the room, just spruce up the cabinets.

The view looks odd because the boat from next door.  Marinas have finally been given the go-ahead to open, so that will probably leave in the next couple of weeks.  I am thinking to eventually put some sort of shelf across the window so I can keep some herbs, etc.

Once this side is done, I have a few more projects in mind for this room.  The main goal is to spruce it up but not spend a lot of $$.  I believe in the 2 C's ... Crafty and Cheap!

Comments

  1. Those look great. Why don't you put lights under the cabinets instead of over? I would be inclined not to paint the lower cabinets black. But, you know the room better than I do. I would like a shelf for herbs in the kitchen, too. that will really be a good look. And, you have herbs at hand. Cheap and Crafty are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to get something under the cabinets as far as light goes, but there isn't a lot of room. If I put the lights over head, more will make it out to the rest of the room too. It's a real challenge!

      Delete
  2. That looks good! Loving that light, it's got a vintage nautical look to it, very inkeeping with the neighbour's boat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! In keeping with the more vintage vibe, I am thinking of using jelly jar lights over the cabinets. I can get those in the same brushed bronze. I joke with the neighbors now that each of us can get romantic in the kitchen without the other couple seeing it. But I do miss being able to look over and wave!

      Delete

Post a Comment