Working with What's Around

I love good beer, and I love good beer labels.  Any time a six pack holder or bottle simply goes to recycling, I cringe a little.  What's a crafty beer loving girl to do?  I'll tell you:  Soak off the labels and then affix them to "church candles."  After all, we worship at the altar of beer!  One way to make a beer-loving gift would be to make six candles, then putt then into the six pack holder.  I also save wine labels.

My plan for these will either be for coasters, or I'm thinking I'll look for some sort of either metal or wood caddy to decoupage them to so I can put the candles and a couple of beers in it for a gift.

After I decoupage the candle and carrier, or coasters, (whichever I decide to make), I'll spray on a good coat of poly.  I've done this with Warsteiner beer labels.  Neighbor Dave is always doing favors for us, so I like to gift him with beer and a candle.  He sits on his porch or patio at night smoking cigars and drinking beer.  So this fits. He also likes bourbon so I'll use labels from those bottles too.  And I'm shameless, as I ask for his empties.  I turn around and use them to make decoupage projects for him or TBG.

This is a pouch I made from the skirt I cut up to make masks.  My goal was to have something to hold them in.  I am also going to make a matching bandanna for Teddy so we will coordinate out on our walks in public.  I hand sew these things while I watch TV.

This project was a way to use the zipper.  When I no longer fit in a piece of clothing, I like to cut it up into pieces for scrap cloth. I also save the button placket, cuffs, collars etc. so I can sew them on to other things.  I don't know how to make a button hole but I can sew a placket on.  That's me... cheap and easy!

Do you look around your house to see what you can re-use? During these days inside, we have the materials on hand for projects, we just need to look closely at what we have on hand.

Comments

  1. I never drink beer and Tommy only drinks about one a year, so I never get my hands on any kind of alcohol. And, since I live in the South, most people hide their beer drinking. Unless a garbage can falls over or someone gets so drunk he/she does not care, most drinking is rather hidden. As a matter of fact, it is illegal in my town to drink from the container in the yard. Drink must be poured into a glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buffalonians are unabashed about their consumption. Same goes for food! There are still plenty of good containers and labels to be had for items that aren't "adult beverages." I do quite a bit with olive oil labels and bottles.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. IMO, just about any day/every day is a good day for a beer. Cheers! And the same can be said for a good cup of coffee ;-)

      Delete
  3. Goodness me, I had no idea Harp sill existed, I thought it died in the 1970s! Like you, I do have a weakness for a cool logo.
    It's only 11.40am and I could murder a cold beer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mid-day means it's OK to start!!! I didn't realize you didn't see it in on your side of the pond. It's part of Guinness here in the US.

      Delete

Post a Comment