Going Back to Camp

Well, I'm finally headed out to our camp up on Lake Ontario.  Teddy and I are leaving tomorrow morning so there won't be a post here for a while.  If things go well, we'll be there through the weekend.

Campgrounds are allowed to open because many people actually reside there.  Our park is no exception.  The public bath house, which we rely on for showering, will not be opened as the owners don't feel they can keep it properly disinfected.  That has posed a problem for us as the fiberglass tub in our trailer cracked and as a result we can't shower in our trailer.

TBG went up a couple of times in May to flush antifreeze out of the water system.  He had an issue with the hot water heater, which he fixed the following weekend.  I hunted down a replacement tub on-line and we'd hoped to have it installed in enough time to enjoy the Memorial Day weekend, but it took another week for it to be delivered.  He picked it up last week.

My boys Jimmy and Johnny, who do all the contracting work around our house are going out first thing tomorrow. I'll come out with Teddy a little later so I can pick up any plumbing supplies they might discover they need.  If we can get the tub working, TBG will come out and join us.  Boy am I looking forward to fixing the tub.  And I am also looking forward to spending time with two of my favorite boys.

The pandemic and social distancing will be forefront on my mind.  We actually keep to ourselves quite a bit, but are not unfriendly to those who pass through.  Another couple who we are very close to arrived this weekend for the summer, so it will be wonderful to see them.  And Teddy will be overjoyed to not only be at camp, but also be surrounded by some of her most favorite people.

So, apologies for the blogging break... but this lady also does need some time away from the pandemic and civil unrest.   Stay well!

Comments

  1. It is not good, but you can stay clean without a bath or shower. Ask me how I know. Have fun. How many miles are you from camp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I manage to stay clean enough, but I do have super long hair, and that can be a pain. Life is just easier with the shower and tub working! As for distance, we are about 120 miles. It takes maybe 2 hours to get there.

      We had a Jamaican advise us that a washcloth/sponge bath is called a "Washa-me-body" and that's what we refer to it as too!

      Delete
    2. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful trip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment