Killing the KitchenAid

 They are supposed to last a lifetime, and be handed down from mother to daughter, yet I killed my KitchenAid 4.5 quart stand mixer after only 17 years.  Truth be told, it probably should have died a bit sooner.  If I knew of somewhere locally to take it periodically to have it preventively serviced, maybe it would have lasted longer.  The pin that allowed it to pivot would work its way out and I'd routinely hammer it back in place.  The metal head that held the beater assembly fell off once and I crammed it back on, then it oozed lubricant for another seven or eight years.    Finally, I wore the motor out blending a thick mixture of raw meat.

This is the replacement, which I ordered on Sunday.  It was a splurge.  This is the KitchenAid Pro 600 6-qt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer with Flex Edge.  The engine is 575 watts.  The regular version I had before was just 375.  I obviously need the power.  It's a brushed silver color and has a lift and lower bowl.  Price was a whopping $359 on QVC -- and that was the best value I could find.  They can split the payment up into three installments, interest free -- which I opted to do.  It will be delivered to TBG's business.  Having a KitchenAid box sitting on your porch is an invitation for piracy.  It should arrive by the 10th, and I will start baking bread right away.  After all, I need to make 359 loaves in order for it to pay for itself!

Comments

  1. Ooooh, I want a KitchenAid. I am still using hand mixers. I am quite sure it was safer to have it delivered to his workplace. Now, buy lots of yeast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a large bag of yeast from the local restaurant supply store, purchased prior to the pandemic, which I've kept in my fridge. So I am set for many batches of dough! I figured the cost per year of my old mixer was around eleven bucks, so I did get my money's worth out of it if you consider how much more I would have spent buying fresh bread. At least that is how I rationalize it!

      Delete
    2. Mrs. Murphy,
      That is how I figure things, too.

      Delete
    3. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

      Delete

Post a Comment