Lazy Summer

My glaring absence from blogging can be explained by this picture.  I spent a week and a half at our camp on Lake Ontario and have actually been back for this week -- but have been so busy catching up with life at home.  There's been no time to blog!  Very poor wireless reception this close to the lake and the Canadian border meant I could probably not stay connected long enough to post anyway.  The weather was great -- going from sweltering hot to fairly chilly, then kind of back to moderate again. Only one day of rain/clouds!
Teddy loved camp life except for the clipping she got last weekend. I also lugged out the puppy blow drier to blast out the dampness from her swims.  Next time, I'm going to actually try using the leaf blower so I can leave the dryer at home.  A local garage sale today turned up a pair of Andis clippers, which I think I will bring to camp and use for touching up.  That way, I can leave her full set at home.  We had nice neighbors whom I kept an appropriate social distance from -- a nice family of four, which Teddy adopted.  I couldn't sit with them but she made herself right at home!

Wayne County, NY entered phase three of the pause and that allowed for garage sales, so of course I hit one.  Here's a quick shot of my first loot.  A percolator and three necklaces for six bucks.  A vintage store in Wolcott was also open and I scored a haul of sample paints and a bathroom ensemble for the Troll House.

This will be another camp weekend but Teddy must return for an oncologist appointment on Tuesday.  She hasn't seen a vet in a while since we are managing her skin well, however, it does seem there may be some increased lymphatic activity, so it is time for blood work.  I do not want to think this is her last summer, but am sort of treating it as it is.  That means we'll be away from home and enjoying camp and the lake quite a bit.  I feel as if that is depriving The Big Guy, but he also wants her to have fun while she can.

My blogging activity may be sparse this summer but that is because life is full of activity and travel, which really isn't a bad thing!

Comments

  1. I love estate sales! Hopefully, Teddy is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will be a robust season as those who were home for months did deep cleaning and purging, and those who wanted to have sales but couldn't will now want to have them. The garage sale I hit on Friday was gold!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back, and hoping Teddy continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for this visit. I fear she might have a hematoma from a clipping mishap near her lady parts (but not there, thankfully). So we will see if she also needs to see the "regular" vet. She has been so very happy to be back at camp and I think this past weekend was the happiest I've seen her yet.

      Delete
  3. As with any family member spending time with them in their final time is so important. Glad you are enjoying camp - and garage sales! I haven't seen any yet here but heard whispers people are thinking about having them again. I think they are perfect for social distancing - all outside and easy to stay away from people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with all the home projects that likely took place during the stay at home orders, I am hoping people will have belongings to sell. I am thinking of this as Teddy's bucket list summer, but we met a seven year old golden this weekend that looks older than she does. So I hope that bodes well for her.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to see Teddy looking so lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment