Rocks!

So I have long admired Lorraine's rock painting skills. Understanding that I will never have her artistic ability doesn't mean I'm not going to forgo attempting the craft.  After all, when you spend time along the shores of a lake that produces so many great rocks, it makes sense to use them for this purpose.   After spending a week and a half at camp, I had ample opportunity to collect and embellish plenty of specimens.  Again, I'm no great artists but the sample above is a piece Teddy is going to give to her oncologist tomorrow.

This rock was a gift for Father's Day.  Teddy gave it to her daddy as part of a set that included a small painted wooden tray that had a similar Captain America design.  Long term readers may remember he has a tattoo of the Captain's shield.  This was fun to paint.
Teddy's Aunt June, who lives seasonally at camp and loves her up plenty each day, is a big flag enthusiast.  This rock was for her.  We always need rocks or heavy things to hold down napkins when we set out a buffet at our campsites.  This one is kept right in the middle of their table. 

The star/red, white & blue theme is fun to paint, so I've done a couple of cool versions.  I also did one showing the Great Sodus Bay lighthouse.  I didn't get a picture of that.  It wasn't my best effort because I did not have fine enough brushes to get the details I needed.  In any event, that one was sent up to the park office.  We have new managers and I wanted them to have a welcome token too.

I plan to paint many more rocks since they are plentiful and free.  My talent is not great, but my ambition is!

Comments

  1. NO ONE is as good as Lorraine! I do love yours. I love anything flag-themed. I am quite sure yours are a hit, especially the dog and people feet. My problem is getting rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being on a Great Lake really helps. Although I have heard of some towns asking folks not to take them home. I am did a faded star rock and am also going to attempt a faux tie-dyed. It's a fun way to relax for sure.

      Delete
  2. Love your rocks! The Best Life ones are just precious! Thank you for the shout out. I have been busy painting many rocks during quarantine. Haven't had time to write a post. I guess maybe I'll do that today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were it not prohibitively expensive to send rocks through the mail or other carrier, I'd send you a blank canvas or two!

      Delete

Post a Comment