Faux Flower Inspiration from my MC Trip

These faux flowers were about $15 per stem and they sure were pretty.  I hadn't seen the check pattern used with fake blooms before and it was very eye catching. 
While some patterns used the checks for leaves, others used them for the center of the buds.  It might be tempting to buy a few stems and them fill in with un-branded fake blooms from Joanne or Michael's.   I was really tempted to buy a few but unless they were 50% off, that just wasn't going to happen.

Luckily, I had a few faux hydrangea stems which set me back a buck at a garage sale a few weeks before.  The checked plate on my nightstand was a buck from the thrift in the church basement in Sodus, which I always look through when it's open for the weekly farmer's market.  It was just a buck too.

I spruced the flowers up with leaves cut from polka dot felt, found on super clearance at Joanne (30 cents).   The picture frame was something I'd painted a while back.

There are few more little things I did in this room just to bring the black on the bed frame and the white on the fan together.  My field trip to Aurora came at a very good time, as I am stealing inspiration right and left.  OK, it probably looks like teenager's bedroom, but then again... I refuse to grow up.

Comments

  1. I love it. And, it does not look like a teen's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've picked up fake flowers and planets at different thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment