Mask Accessories

I really got a lot of mileage out of the skirt I cut up to turn into face masks. Along with probably a dozen face coverings, I managed to turn extra bits of fabric into hair accessories.  Talk about being facially coordinated!

Here is a close up of one of the scrunchies I made.  They were simple to hand sew while watching television.  With plenty of cheap but durable hair elastics on hand (which I also use for ear pieces on my masks), it was a small project that used up scrap most folks would throw away.

The color goes well with my hair -- which was one reason I decided to use the skirt (that no longer fit and wasn't needed for work) for face coverings.  I should note that my hair isn't as long and straight these days.  That was probably evident in my last post.  After having neck issues and challenges dealing with it at camp, I hacked about seven inches off.  My neighbor said it was the best COVID cut she'd seen -- but I had to true up and tell her I always cut my own hair.  Nothing pandemic about it!

One pile of fabric odds and ends yielded three scrunchies.  The thin waist band made a nice hair tie as well.

It's probably obvious that I make our face coverings.  They are unduly pricey to buy, and I have the materials on hand already.  Besides, a girl can never have too many scrunchies!

Comments

  1. I saw someone on Today 3rd hour that was selling the head band and mask to match. So, you got in on the ground floor. I like that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me... the unrecognized trend setter. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. how very pretty and worth the effort. I made a mask today, I am trying the pleated square style now, since I bought material I have found masks are for sale very cheaply in every supermarket but they aren't as pretty as home made :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also been making them from a large circle which I then fold in half. I can sew darts into those to help fit around and under chin. Not more professional but a lot cheaper . I think we'll need to be using them for the foreseeable future . Makes sense to make more !

      Delete
  3. I noticed your hair ion the last post and thought it looked gorgeous, aren't you clever? Such a professional cut. The scrunchie is really pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBG likes the shorter length and I am glad not to have botched it. He thinks I should pay for a cut but why bother????

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I just start doing mask again and I will be donating them to our local community action center (food bank)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are not good enough to donate but I try to make sure everyone around me has at least one.....whether they want one or not!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment