More Color

This is the bathroom I fell in love with when we visited Mackenzie Childs.  It kinda takes the cake for a retail bathroom.  It must say something about my state of mind that I decide to take a picture of a loo....
Here is another sample of their colorful porcelain tile -- this time without my hippie feet.  I don't know how often they re-tile their bathroom, but I am guessing it's done periodically to coordinate with their updated styles.  I've seen pictures on Pinterest and  blogs showing more of their traditional black and white Courtly Check style.  This color way was a real surprise.
I was also drawn to this lovely day bed.  They are pairing these bright colors with lamps and chandeliers made from geometric pieces of color glass, which I thought was very cool and something that might not be too hard to DIY.
The Unorthodot pattern was very eye catching and would be fun to use on an upcycled piece of old furniture.  This table was hundreds of dollars -- way out of my price range.  Truthfully, I'd have no place to put it... however I have a garage sale end table in my basement that would look great with this pattern.
Here's the pattern merchandised.  Going all in on the same theme/pattern is a bit much for me.  However, it was so pretty to see that I thought it was worth sharing.

If anyone reading this blog is ever inspired to make the trip to Aurora, NY -- let me know. I'd be happy to meet you there!

Comments

  1. I think you could do that. Having it all together in your home was not in their plans. They just hope we will get some of it, even one piece. I still want that bathroom floor! I will like every picture you take of the floor. I am inspired to take a road trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that table too - I recently bought a roll of plastic coated stick on sheet that is printed with a very convincing morrocan tile pattern - if you can find something like this (eBay is where I got mine after a blogging buddy showed hers), you could easily replicate that expensive table for a small cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start working on my dresser. I think I might use something like you suggest. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Betty - there's some amazing sticky-backed plastic out there which looks really convincingly tile like and could easily be used to replicate that groovy table really cheaply and easily (I recovered two small tables and a fireplace with one £7.50 roll).
    The bathroom is wonderful, I love the serious portrait of the lady with the crazy tiling, that's my kind of decor! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is worth exploring. I am thinking I want to edit some serious wall art to add similar funky embellishments.

      Delete
  4. Well, I can see why you liked the bathroom. Very colorful and cheerful for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment