Army Chic

  

There was nothing chic about the old duffel I got at a garage sale. I think I paid $1.50 for it.  While I thought I might be able to clean it up, there was no scrubbing all of the gunk off the bottom.  However, for such a low price, I knew it was worth a little bit of needle and thread time.

I started out with a piece of fabric which remained from re-fabricating our kitchen chairs.  All I needed to do, was set piece over it, pin it down, then cut out the edges to get the size required.

Using a machine to stitch this would have been difficult, and I didn't really think I could even use an iron to get the edges of the fabric completely folded over.  

Once the fabric was cut, I folded the edges over and stitched by hand, just folding as I went along.  This was easy to do while watching television.

I am very happy with the finished product.  While I did not know if the fabric I was using was green or brown (colorblind me), I just figured it would go well -- and it did!

There were a few other things I grabbed that will be upcycled.  Not sure I'll get to posting though.  I have to admit that this new blogger interface is horrible and creating a post with images is way too cumbersome.  If it's going to be this hard, I don't know that I'll want to continue using it.

Do others hate it as much as me?




Comments

  1. Good job! I like the way you re-face and upcycle things. As for blogger? Yes! I absolutely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Both for approving of my up-cycle and supporting my condemnation of the new Blogger. I am a retired technical professional who has lived through many an upgrade, adjusting just fine. This one sucks. My cable provider made a change to how their stations load when you switch channels, which is also frustrating. Time to go back to my box on the lake!

      Delete
  2. Personally, I'm not a blogger, but I do enjoy reading your posts. Please don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! I hate the new blogger too. There is a note to let them know the problems, yet I cannot find a place to complain.

      Delete
    2. The worst thing is inserting images. It is impossible to line up text with any picture you insert. I have a different method I think I will use for pictures going forward. I hope it will at least make *my* life easier, although it is an extra step.

      Delete
  3. I recall covering kitchen chair and that about far as my reupholstering goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few veterans who have seen it have given me the thumbs up. I have a few caps I plan to update with bits of the same fabric. Both the chair job and this were easy as no sewing machine effort was required!

      Delete
  4. I love the fabric you used for your duffel bag makeover!
    I switched over to new blogger last Sunday and other than not being able to figure out how to add a caption to a photo (obvious after a blogging buddy explained it to me) I haven't had a problem with it. I write my post first and add photos afterwards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized that was the way to go yesterday when pulling together tomorrow's post. I did take a cue from how you organize your pictures. So once again, you've helped me out!

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm glad you've figured it out, I'd hate for you not to blog! Give me a shout f you have any issues, I'll help if I can. xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment