More in the Bedroom

 I decided to change my bedside a little bit.  A friend who stayed in the room gave me a thank you gift -- two black plaid place mats.  A piece of fabric I had planned to use to edge a blanket wasn't quite wide enough and I was too lazy to cut and match two pieces, so I came up with a different plan.  That is hung over the shade covering the window in back of the night stand.  I am very happy with the result.  The French biscuit tin did once hold delicious nibbles.  The container was too pretty to discard.  Little zebra printed bags hold the pills I take on some nights, as well as lip balm.  A nice little pin which I realized is too fragile to actually wear is pinned to the smaller of the two bags -- which came from Dollar Tree.

The nightstand on the other side got a few adjustments too.  I found a red drawer pull at Hobby Lobby that was half off.  This was attached by drilling a hole in the center of the lid.  It makes my forgery effort look a little bit more like the real thing, and it also makes the lid easier to pull off.  The blue checked butterfly (knock off of Mackenzie Childs Royal Check pattern) was a camp painting project.  I was very pleased with the results.

Finally,  I used the second place mat on the dresser.  Another small addition is the butterfly medallion above the mirror, which I also painted at camp.  It sure is worth it to keep arts and crafts supplies in the trailer.  They may take up a little extra of our precious storage space, but they provide the opportunity to do some nifty crafting!


Comments

  1. I love the way you think about these things and come up with all sorts of creative ideas. Decorating does not require a ton of money for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Part of what I enjoy, is the creative process itself. Nothing in that room is really expensive (except maybe the small chests which were a birthday present), but it also doesn't look really cheap. Sure I would love to buy all sorts of high end decor items, but that just ain't happening!

      Delete
  2. I love the check you paint on things. I need to try that. I am such a messy painter. I put my hands on wet paint because I am accustomed to handling sewing, so everything is touchable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good instructions for doing the M&C style. I used Pintrest and Youtube. I like their version over straight checks because it isn't precise. It also warms up the black and white that would otherwise be too stark. The real thing, however is way to pricey for my budget. Maybe once we are past COVID I will go back to their facility and shop when they have their barn sale. For now, it's crafting for me!

      Delete
  3. I love these snippets of your home! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! The place does look best when viewed in snippets!

      Delete

Post a Comment