My Flags

 

The park finally installed the flag I painted for them this weekend.  The plan had been for it to be put up on Memorial Day, then that came and went.  Back-up plan was for the 4th of July.  That was missed too.  With the increase in RV activity due to COVID, the manager was behind schedule and just couldn't get to it.  While I was bummed that we didn't associate it with a holiday, I was just finally glad to see it up!

The original plan was for me to paint it right on the cinder-block but I did not like the proportion of the space.  I also thought it would get damaged in the winter when the entrance was plowed.  By doing it on a separate piece, it can also be taken in during the winter months.  I'll periodically hit it with a clear coat in order to keep the colors intact.


Now I am always watching out for Bald Eagles.  We have many nests of them around us.  Imagine my surprise when one flew right over my head and landed in a tree about ten yards away.  It's a really fuzzy picture (and I cropped it), but you can see him sitting in the tree.  What you can't see are all the crows  trying to argue with him to leave.  They kept cackling and diving at him (and he could just as well be a she), but to no avail. I guess when you're at the top of the aviary predatory food chain, you will prevail.

Between my flag finally being put on display, and all the eagles I was able to watch, it was a pretty patriotic weekend.

Last weekend I was home while TBG was at camp with his BFF.  I hung the flag I found on half off clearance at Joanne's.  I'd been looking for one but not found anything great.  Since this was ten bucks, I figured it was worth it for now.

Anyone who thinks people who don't support the President don't love the country are dead wrong, and I hope my flags prove that!

Comments

  1. Love the way you display your flag as a patriot of your nation. I guess you have the same problems over there too. In my country, if you are not a supporter of the current government, you must be a traitor. Well, that's what some idiots think anyway. The only reason I am an opponent to the current Turkish Government is; I am a patriot. That is why the founder of my country, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk on a Turkish flag is constantly hung in my balcony, proudly displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to believe based on what we see today, that both our counties were founded as republics. One of the major issues, I think, is we have outrage fatigue. There is faux outrage over everything on one side, and then people on the other just giving up when the outrageous happens because speaking up leads nowhere. It just goes to show just how fragile both of our systems of government are these days. Any my leader seems to worship yours. I really am centrist but in this environment, I must be considered radical. I hope our elections rights things for us -- I think if it does, it will have an impact on you.

      Delete
  2. I love your flag! Our president is not our country or representative of what we believe, individually or as a group! I like the frugal flag you found for your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idiot believes he is the country, which is so troublesome. I finally saw the musical "Hamilton" last week. I hope the history lesson there has an impact today. Now, I have one more flag to display, but am probably going to put it up at camp. Once I figure out how to do it best!

      Delete
  3. I meant to say that I love the picture of the bald eagle. I have never seen a bald eagle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could capture the beautiful sightings I see when I am by the lake. After taking off from this tree, this one joined his/her mate and they flew together. It's just gorgeous. And to think, when DDT was legal, it almost wiped this species out. Our national bird, no less -- and people were outraged that the EPA and DEC fought to stop the use of that dangerous chemical. The bird is a patriotic symbol not only from it being chose as our national bird, but because our nation almost decimated it too. I hope our country makes a strong come-back like this proud bird has managed to as well.

      Delete
  4. Love the flag you painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I made too many spelling errors in my first reply thanking you! There is a camp/parl that has long term leased lots (and HOA type of thing), two properties away from our park. They have a painted flag too. The kind made on pickets. It's not a full-blown 50 stars and 13 stripe version. I was asked to make a larger and louder version. I think we won!

      Delete

Post a Comment