CVSing


I don't shop at CVS all that much because I've given up extreme couponing. That doesn't, however, mean I don't look for serendipitous savings when I go in to pick up a prescription. Back when I first went into the full-time work force, I started out in the management program at CVS. So I know that it pays to look for shelf make-overs. Every quarter, there is a set of new planograms issues for entire product type sections to be re-done. Slow moving or real duds are discontinued, or new space is allocated based on known seasonal buying pattern changes. It's not unusual to see the cough and cold section rearranged after cold/flu season has passed. The cough syrup and throat lozenges were 75% off and I picked them up because I heard TBG coughing in bed the night before. Neither product expires for a while, so the syrup will go into the back of the supply in our Health and Beauty Aids closet. Mainly, I want this stuff on hand so he can start taking it any time he starts to cough since that's within the parameters of the flag for judging his COVID status for work.


Skin products are mostly irresistible to me when they are marked down.  I've already opened the small facial pad. The larger pad will probably not be needed for six months or so. It was worth it to buy because I am an ardent exfoliator and only buy HBA products when they are marked down. I'd rather have it on hand at a cheap price, than pay full price when I have a present need for it.


Stocking up on bath products makes sense because they make great stocking stuffers. I'll never turn down a good 75% off bath item because these types of things offer a lot of bang for the buck when it comes to small gift giving. My sister will be the likely recipient, but they might also be gifted to a friend who needs a pick-me-up or anyone whom I visit. With family being in the forefront, I like to have small goodies to share when we stay over night. There will probably be a lot of that this fall.

I am on my own this weekend as TBG is at camp with his bike wife. I think I'll go through my stash of potential gifts and start wrapping my holiday presents early. That will give me a chance to pull out some gifts for my sister-in-law who we stay with, and my college aged niece who lets me take over her bedroom (she is at school). It's easy to be generous if you keep your eyes open for drug store mark-downs.

Comments

  1. I, too, buy Mucinex. Actually, I buy generic the generic--guaifenesin. And, I get the 400 mg instead of the long-acting. It helps to keep my chest clear before I start coughing. I have been getting otc items so I will not have to go to the store. It is good you keep a stash of items for gifts. I know the people who receive these items are happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally go for the generics as well. I'm also doing my best to convince TBG that this is the year he should finally get that flu shot!

      Delete

Post a Comment