Hooked on Hooks.... Again!

 


I put up more hooks to deal with the ever increasing pile of stuff that accumulates around our entrance.  These four were my way to deal with TBG's footwear.  This frees up floor space where he normally leaves his shoes when he comes home.  We try not to wear our outside shoes in the house.

 The nice thing about his footwear, is that everything has a loop at the heel, so they can be easily hung. While I also have shoe racks out, his feet are so big that his stuff falls off.  The hooks are my favorite solution because they get things off the floor, which makes it easier for me to vacuum. 

Since I only had enough space for four hooks under the mirror, I used the other two from the pack next to our coat closet (which isn't even deep enough to fit hangers).  One hook is for my set of masks, the other is for his.  Having two separate hooks is good, as I can more easily tell if he is running low. That's how I know to look around for wherever he's left his used ones so they can be washed.

Hooks seem to be my answer to any clutter problem that comes up. TBG scoffs at the solution, but I used them a lot in our last house and when people came to look at it, almost all the women commented on how useful it was to have them wherever I'd put them.  Since a pack only costs about five bucks, I figure they're the cheapest and most utilitarian method to get crap off the floor.  I am hooked!

Comments

  1. I love your solutions! When I see movies where chairs are hung on the wall when not needed, I think we should return to that practice. I hate stumbling over shoes! I really like that mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I do wish I had enough wall space to hang chairs. I did get one cool wooden folding chair that I'd like to paint and hang. I guess I'll have to settle with stashing it behind the couch. We need extra seating if we have more than two guests over at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's just a big piece of fabric I had been holding onto, secured with cafe curtain clips! Thank you :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment