Super Little Gift


I wanted to give my BFF's daughter an apartment gift as she and two other girls have leased their first post-college abode.  Of course, I wanted it to be fun and practical, with a little bit of customization. One of my favorite things to buy young adults striking out on their own, is a toaster and toaster pastries.  I'll admit, if they didn't have so many calories, I'd eat Pop-Tarts for breakfast and late night snacking.  One thing I think anyone starting out should have, is a toaster oven.  But my goal was to give an inexpensive gift.  Remembering my early apartment days, I also was a bit nostalgic about alcohol consumption. Boy, do I wish I could handle liquor the way I could in my 20's!

The girlie and I are big Marvel fans.  How sad is it about Chadwick Boseman's death?  He really was a great Black Panther and it is such a shame he died so young.  In order to customize the toaster, I gave a nod to heir to the Wakandan throne.  OK, so it was really a cheap decal I found on clearance for a buck at Hobby Lobby.  It covers up the actual logo for the toaster (which I also got half price). Methinks it looks cool (even if I took a lousy picture)!

Prior to dropping off this gift, we were at TBG's sister's house. Her son made the coolest Captain America shield.  Readers may remember that Tommy and Gaux-Gaux both got tattooed together. I sent her this picture and she is begging for a shield of her own.  It took my nephew quite a lot of time and effort to make this.  I just looked up how much one would sell for on-line and was aghast that it cost over a thousand bucks!  Look here!!!  Ok, so I won't be giving her that. I'll just have to figure out a way to make a suitable replica on my own.  Well, make that two -- she and TBG would need a matching set.

I will say my gift was well received, and well timed.  When I dropped it off, she pointed to all the near empty liquor bottles in their kitchen.  So now they have another 750 ml, which they can drink in soda while eating strawberry toaster pastries (I couldn't find cherry).  My gift was sorta like a party in a bag. 😊

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I never allow myself to indulge. Just LOVE the frosted ones!!!

      Delete
  2. I love PoP Tarts, but never eat them because there are too many calories. That is a good idea to give a toaster and toaster pastry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember those toaster pizzas made by Buotoni? I probably didn't spell that right. They don't make them any more -- at least I can't find them. I could be totally satisfied with Pop Tarts and toaster pizzas. Of course the PT must be frosted. But alas, the calories! I, too, abstain.

      Delete

Post a Comment